Gynecologic care, even when routine, is often anxiety provoking. We encourage you to discuss your concerns and apprehensions with your provider so that he or she can best address them at the time of your exam in as comfortable an atmosphere as possible.
Patients seeking gynecological care may also choose from three categories of women’s health care professionals who provide routine care and treatment:
The Women’s Healthcare Group offers annual gynecological exams and screenings, as well as diagnosis and treatment of the full spectrum of gynecological problems. The specific gynecological care services we provide include (but are not limited to):
- Annual Gynecological Exams and Screenings—Includes a breast exam, cervical cancer screening (Pap exam), and other exams, tests, or screenings your clinician may recommend as important for you.
- One in eight women will get breast cancer in their lifetime. If you have a family history of breast or ovarian cancer you may actually have a gene mutation such as BRCA 1 or 2 which could put you at a risk of up to 87% for getting breast cancer and up to 63% of getting ovarian cancer. Use this link to take a family history quiz in less than a minute which will let you know if you are a candidate for genetic testing. The result can be shared with your provider. Hereditary Cancer Assessment
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Screenings—The routine annual gynecological exam includes a screening (Pap exam) for the sexually transmitted human papilloma virus (HPV), the highest known risk factor for cervical cancer. Based on medical history or risk factors, our providers may also recommend tests for other sexually transmitted diseases such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, genital herpes, syphilis, hepatitis, or HIV.
- Surgical Procedures—The Women’s Healthcare Group performs surgical procedures at nearby York Hospital, a nationally recognized teaching institution; at Apple Hill Medical Center (the Hospital’s affiliated facility). Some minor surgical procedures are done in the comfort of our office.
- In-Office Procedures—There are some procedures that we can perform in the office to save you time and money over having these procedures in the hospital. We offer endometrial ablation for heavy bleeding (Novasure).
- Menopause Counseling—To support a healthy, more comfortable menopause experience, our clinicians have expertise and available resources in such areas as general menopause education, hormone replacement therapy, alternative treatments, sexuality and sexual health during and after menopause, and more.
- Sex Education/Sexuality–Our providers have the knowledge, resources, and treatment methods available to help women understand and manage sexual health concerns at every stage of life. The support our clinicians can provide includes, but is not limited to:
- The female reproductive system
- General education about female sexuality
- General sexual health across a woman’s lifespan
- Contraception, safe sex, sexually transmitted diseases and their prevention
- Conception, pregnancy, and infertility
- And more
- Teen Resources— (more information coming).